cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rox163
Level 5

IA uninstaller chokes on its own variables after running in maintenance mode

I have created an installer that supports Uninstallation and Add Features mode, ie the uninstaller is basically run in maintenance mode.
First install works fine, first time I run in maintenance mode also runs fine. I choose Add Features, edit some info and it finishes.
Now I launch the uninstaller again and it doesnt launch. It throws the error in the attached screenshots.
The error basically says I have the "\u" character somewhere and IA is stupid enough not to know what it is. BTW i have installers created for both Linux and Windows and these errors are from the Windows installer.

So I found this character in the \installvariables.properties file, which is written to by IA itself. It is not in any properties that I create, it is actually in lax.nl env properties that IA seems to create on its own. For some reason it doesn't write these props on the first install but only writes these when the uninstaller is run in maintenance mode. When I delete these properties, I can run the uninstaller just fine.

Now why does IA write properties to a file that it ITSELF cant read properly??
How can I stop it from writing these new properties but still write all the other normal vars I need? Do i have to do a search and delete through the file?
I cant spend time on writing a windows bat and linux script to resolve an IA problem!!Help!

Thanks.

UPDATE - Bottom-line issue:IA doesn't seem to automatically update the values of variables that have been edited in Maintenance mode.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
rox163
Level 5

Wow no responses....

I've tried a bunch of different things so far...even tried using the Properties file reader plugin. That plugin chokes on the '\' chracter which i need as a delimiter in my windows paths. Its a standard delimiter but IA thinks its an escape character and removes it thus screwing up my path!!
How do I force it to ignore '/'? If I add any more / to the front it keeps elimintaing one slash everytime i run my maintenance mode thus at some point leaving me again with no '/' at all!:confused:
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Couldn't you use the standard IA variable $/$? This would translate on Windows to \.
0 Kudos
rox163
Level 5

I am actually using $/$ everywhere in building my installer.
The issues are all after the fact, ie after the installation has finished and IA has done the replacement of the $/$.
0 Kudos
rox163
Level 5

Bottomline, the reason for my grief is IA doesn't seem to automatically update the values of variables that have been edited in Maintenance mode.
Is this a known bug?
0 Kudos