cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfraser
Level 4

IA Install Registry

Can someone tell me which "components" get stored in the Regisgry? I have an intaller that has multiple components that get installed. But when I look in the Registry the only component is the InstallAnywhere VM Component.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This installs the device feature.

This installs the application feature.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
james_decosta
Level 9

hi cris fraser,
the installer sets the following components in registry:
Basically it sets the uninstaller component,and the information you enter in the product description page under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT WINDOWS\UNINSTALL
These can be checked in the installation log.
If you want to set your own registry entries then you can set then using the set windows registry action and set your own product values.
OR ELSE you can specify a file in the windows registry format or .zg (zerog installanywhere format)
Please check Set windows registry action once
0 Kudos
cfraser
Level 4

I think there's a some confusion here regarding the term "registry". I'm talking about the cross product registry, I'm assuming it's in the file .com.zerog.registry.xml. I would expect that using the action Find Component in Registry would return information about any "component" that has been installed by an IA installer. In action you specify the UUID of the component and it should return the count, versions, and locations. In ISMP this information was kept in vpd.properties. It sounds to me like you're talking about the Window Registry?
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi cfraser i am unable to find the component in registry.
I gave the uninstall components unique ID in the find component in registry but to no use.
Even i found out that in the post install task,$REG_COMPONENT_VERSION$,
$REG_COMPONENT_LOCATION$ does not contain anything
0 Kudos
cfraser
Level 4

I think the problem was caused by the "Key File" in a couple of my components being "unset". I'm not sure why this happened, I hadn't made any changes in the files being installed and the original files were still in correct location. I just Browsed to them again which relsolved the Key and now it works. I'm assuming that the problem with the Keys casused other problems in IA that corrupted what was written to the file. Thanks for your suggestions.
0 Kudos