cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amusku
Level 5

IA Build automation through ANT/commandline isuue

Hi,
I have a requirement where I need to automate the IA Build process along with my Product build.
I am planning to go with ANT Build automation of IA. The one thing I am struggling with this approach is, controlling Copy File action and add speed folder action from the ANT script. I need to modify/override the settings (like source file path) for these two actions relative to my build location.
Could you please help me on how to achieve this.
I also looked in to command line build option but the same problem I faced. Please help me as soon as possible.

Regards,
Ajay.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
khansen
Level 5

Have you looked at using environment variables? You can set and use source paths in your InstallAnywhere project and then access environment variables during you build.

Variables prepended with the tag IA_PATH_ will show up in the Source Paths list. You then use those variables for defining the path to speed folders and such. The IA project can then be loaded and built on any system that has those specific environment variables set, and they can point to any path on that particular system.

If you need access to that variable in the ANT script you just need to add the following properties:

0 Kudos