Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonatasSim
Level 3

IA 8.0 win64 support

Hello,

I have created installer with IA 8.0.
It is started on Vista 64 bit and 64 bit java is choosed as JVM for installation.
Installation goes fine, but uninstaller produces error with such message:
"Win64 is not supported. The author of package you are installing did not include support for this platform".

The question is where and how to enable Win64 support to avoid such problem on uninstall.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Do you install your bundled JVM or is it used only for installation?
0 Kudos
DonatasSim
Level 3

Installer is bundled with 32bit jvm. But user chooses 64bit at installation.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm afraid I don't quite get it: if the installer bundles a 32 bit JVM, how come the end user can choose a 64 bit one?!?
0 Kudos
DonatasSim
Level 3

We have Pre-Install Action - Panel "Choose Java VM". This by default suggests bundled jvm for application but user may choose another one. So if user chooses 64 bit jvm uninstaller fails.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I don't have too much experience with 32 / 64 bit stuff yet, but I would say that uninstaller runs by default with the same JVM as the installer, so it'll attempt to run with a 32 bit JVM... I guess the proper thing to do would be to have to installers one pure 32 bit and one pure 64 bit, that should solve the uninstaller issue.
0 Kudos
Dharmisetty
Level 4

Hi,

Do you have soultion for this problem ?
How did you uninstall your product with 64 bit JRE?

Naresh.D.
0 Kudos
Dharmisetty
Level 4

Hi Vlad,

I solved this issue. Cause of issue is in IA 7.0 version.
I upgraded my project from 7.0 to 2009. In the IA 7.0 version there is a one option to enable 64 bit support. It was not selected in my 7.0 project. I upgraded my project into 2009 with out modifying it.

>> Thanks Vlad for your support.

Thanks,
Naresh.D.
0 Kudos
DonatasSim
Level 3

Can you give idea where this option lives in 7.0/8.0 version.
0 Kudos
Dharmisetty
Level 4

In IA 7.0 Advanced designer, Go to Project--> Platform ---> Enable option for supporting 64 bit.
0 Kudos
DonatasSim
Level 3

It seems 8.0 hides this option. In Project/Platforms/Windows there are only
"Default Install Folder", "Default Shortcut Folder", "Install Launch Type", and "Default windows Installer UI Mode".

Thanks anyway.
0 Kudos