cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christophe_g
Level 3

IA 2023 R2 - VMPack Utility broken on Mac Sonoma M1 ?

Hi, 
IA 2023 R2 - VM Pack Utility.app can't be launched on Mac Ventura (idem on Sonoma - M1)  
Is it a known issue ? 
Have you any scripts to workaround this issue ? Especially for Linux/Win/UNix  vms .
(the previous script posted at https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallAnywhere-Forum/Example-of-Apple-Notarization/td-p/140693 was very useful)
@tony_flexera@vdonga 

Thanks

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
tony_flexera
Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

Hi Christophe,

I just tested this using IA 2023 R2 on an M1 macOS Ventura.  The Create VM Pack Wizard opened without issue when I launched it, both from the Tools menu in the IDE and when launching it directly.  Do you see any error messages when you attempt to launch the wizard?

Will you try launching the wizard from a Terminal?  Here are the steps:

1. Open a Terminal
  2. Change directories to <IA_HOME>/VMPackUtility

cd /Applications/InstallAnywhere\ 2023/VMPackUtility
  3. Set the following environment variables in the Terminal

export LAX_DEBUG=1
    export _JAVA_OPTIONS="-Dlax.debug.all=true -Dlax.debug.level=4"
  4. Launch the wizard from the Terminal:

./VM\ Pack\ Utility.app/Contents/MacOS/VM\ Pack\ Utility

Launching the wizard from the Terminal like this should generate some debugging information written to the Terminal.  If you can copy the entire output of the command, paste it into a text document, and attach the text document to your reply, I'll review it and let you know what I'm able to find.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
christophe_g
Level 3

It is a security issue - the app isn't stored as a signed/notarized app on my mac, but there isn't any relevant error message . I've tried to modify the security setting and seems it can be launched now.