cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennM
Level 3

IA 2009 and Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 4

With the latest release of Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 4 , Apple's now using the architecture(s) of the JavaApplicationStub as well as the requested Java VM version in the Info.plist in determining the Java VM to use when launching a Java Application.

Since the JavaApplicationStub included in InstallAnywhere installers (and LaunchAnywhere applications) does not include x86_64 code, our Java 6 Application no longer installs nor runs on Mac OS after the Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 4 is installed. It looks like the IA JavaApplicationStub only includes PowerPC and 32-bit Intel code (ppc and i386). Obviously, this is a showstopper for us.

Acresso - any word on when an update that addresses this issue might be available?

Community - does anyone have a workaround for this issue?

Thanks,
Glenn
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
larryg
Level 2

Interesting. Our launcher built with IA 2008 died with this Java update, but when i rebuilt with IA 2009 the launcher worked, but it will only launch when using the 1.5 VM. Pretty strange.

Probably a different issue, but if I go to Project/Platforms/Mac OS X/Select VM for LaunchAnywhere and set that to 1.6* or 1.6+, my installer will error out with the message: "LSOpenFromURLSpec() failed with error -10810 for the file ".

I'd think that Acresso might have encountered this when testing with the 10.5 update 4 beta patch...perhaps this will all be fixed in SP1? Fingers crossed.
0 Kudos
GlennM
Level 3

Larry - thanks for confirming we're not the only ones running into problems with Apple's last Java update.

Does anyone have an ETA on when SP1 might be available?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

GlennM wrote:
Larry - thanks for confirming we're not the only ones running into problems with Apple's last Java update.

Does anyone have an ETA on when SP1 might be available?

See this: http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=188717

I'm wondering the exact same thing...
0 Kudos
tony_flexera
Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

My name is Tony and I am a Technical Support Engineer at Acresso. I wanted to reply to this thread to let you know that we are aware that the recent Update 4 for Java on Mac OS X 10.5 disables the launchers created by InstallAnywhere.

We have posted a Knowledge Base article which includes a HotFix as well as a manual workaround for this issue. Both the HotFix and the manual workaround will produce installers and LaunchAnywhere launchers which work correctly on all Mac OS X machines with all versions of Java.

Here is a link to the Knowledge Base Article.

I will monitor this thread if anyone has any questions. Thanks.
0 Kudos