cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevewdj
Level 3

IA 2009 SP2 and Windows Server 2012 issues

I am seeing two issues with installers built by IA 2009 SP2 when executed on Windows Server 2012.

#1, when you launch the installer by either double clicking on the .exe file or just issuing the name in the terminal you will receive the following message after the Splash Screen:

Installer UI Mode Error

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported
The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The valid UI modes identifiers are GUI, Console, and Silent

a) If you do start with the -i gui then the above message is not seen

b) If build the project using IA 2009 SP1 then the above message is not seen

#2, the "Get Windows Registry Entry" actions will not actually return the value from the Windows Registry or they fail to update the IA Variables you have set. I am not sure which is happening because there is no error. But the end result is that you can not use the IA Variables later because they have no value. I have added a "Show Message Dialog" action after the "Get Windows Registry Entry" to what should have been gathered and set in the variables. There is no value shown for my IA Variables.

a) If I build the project using IA 2009 SP1 then this issue does not occur.

**None of these issues are seen with IA 2009 SP2 with Windows Server 2008 or earlier**

Is this a known bug in IA 2009 SP2? Has anyone else experienced this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

You should upgrade to a newer IA version, that would fully support Win 2012.
0 Kudos
EnriqueAdatt
Level 3

Hello Sir

I am a beginer and want to install php on windows 7. I have installed Apache server sucessfully but need to cofigure it on windows 7.

please Help
0 Kudos