cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfromm1
Level 7

IA 2008: program icon of the installer?

Does anybody know, where to change the installer program icon?

And one more question: How to change the size of the content panel? (Where license and so on will be displayed...)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

I'll try to answer only to your second question: fire up your Advanced Designer, and open your project, then go to Installer UI (it's on the left right underneath Project) then in the lower part you have the Installer Frame UI settings. You will have there the with and size that you can change.
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

Nice try ;-).
Yes, there you can configure the whole installer frame size.
But not the size of the "billboard" space 😕
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I know, but trust me it wasn't meant to "trick" you. AFAIK this is the only way (i.e. by resizing the whole installer, you can resize the space... or at least this is how I thought it worked. It doesn't work like this? (i.e. if you resize the installer the available space for display still stays the same?)
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

Unfortunality the size of the billboard is not independend.
I wanted to put a logo at the top of the installer, but the space between the upper border of the installer frame and the billboard is too small...
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot? Like I've said, I've never resized my installer myself, so I really have no idea how it looks.
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

As you can see, I mean the area where "Introduction" is displayed...
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

And if you resize the whole installer, doesn't the area resize itself too?
0 Kudos
rox163
Level 5

Regarding the first question in the original post of this thread :confused: - how does one change the installer icon from default to custom one and the uninstaller icon in add/remove programs?
Im using IA 2010 SP1 and my install destination is Windows XP.
0 Kudos