cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daclear
Level 4

How to verify required space ?

In my current project, I use the "Copy Folder Action" to copy several big folders into install dir. So when the installation comes to the pre-install summary panel, the "required space" doesn't include these files.
If I put these files into the project, it'll take quite a long time to build or decompress the install.exe. So I wonder if there're other ways to alter the "required space"?
Thanks a lot!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Maybe the following IA standard variables can help you:

$FREE_DISK_SPACE_BYTES$ The free disk space available on the destination install volume, as a string representing the free bytes, as determined by the Check Disk Space action. The variable gains its value immediately before the installation of any files or folder listed in the Install task. This variable is read-only.

$REQUIRED_DISK_SPACE_BYTES$ The disk space required by the installer, as a string representing the required bytes, as determined by the Check Disk Space action. The variable gains its value immediately before the installation of any files or folder listed in the Install task. This variable is read-only.

Also as a rule of the thumb, by design installers need at least 3 times their size in free space in order to proceed to install.
0 Kudos
daclear
Level 4

Thanks!
So these two variables are both read-only, and I can only get their values right before the install.
Is there any way to add extra numbers to the $REQUIRED_DISK_SPACE_BYTES$ varible and show it in the pre-install summary panel?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps see if $DEVELOPER_DISK_SPACE_ADDITIONAL$ does what you want?
0 Kudos
daclear
Level 4

Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
mdshahul
Level 4

I have the same issue i.e to increase the Required space.I tried to set the $DEVELOPER_DISK_SPACE_ADDITIONAL$ to 10 GB at the start of the installation but it din work.
Let me know if it worked for you.

Thanks
Md
0 Kudos