cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srik_008
Level 7

How to delete files and folder created by application when uninstall

Hi All,

I have created installer using IA2011 and installed and started the service and opened the application.

some files and folders created by application after starting the service some where in installed folders.

i have stopped the the service uninstalled the installer some folder and files cant able to delete .these files and folders are created application after starting the service.

Could anybody help me how to delete these files and folders through installers when uninstall

i have used delete folder action even it cant delete.i am getting message like unable to remove folder

Regards,
Sreekanth
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

InstallAnywhere will only delete files & folders created by itself. So any file created after the installation will not be deleted by default.

You probably know where such file will be created, so you have to create the folder where those files will be located and add the option "Recursively delete all contents....during uninstall" (option available in create folder action).

--Jerome
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

i did as u explained still the installer cant delete the folders
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

I guess this is on windows?

Are all your services stopped when you uninstall?

I mean there is maybe a process that locks some files under these directories.

--Jerome
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

yes i stopped each service and uninstalled.it could not able to delete webapps folder.
0 Kudos
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

What files are remaining in webapps folder? Are all the files added by you after installation not getting deleted or just a few of them?
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

its empty folders,no files in that folder
0 Kudos
asha08483
Level 2

when I tried to uninstall, all the folders are not getting deleted. one file is still remain.

Please help me how to proceed ... 😞
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Is it possible for you to post your project?
0 Kudos