cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spoplavskyy
Level 4

How to create installer that installs two or more applications

Hi all,

Can someone provide me with info, how configure IA to install two or more applications?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

What exactly do you mean: a setup that would install more than one application (feature)? Is it possible. Or more than one 3rd party application? This is possible too.
0 Kudos
spoplavskyy
Level 4

Hi Vlad.

Thank you for reply.

I mean a setup that would install more than one application.
0 Kudos
spoplavskyy
Level 4

I have two versions of my program. Full version and crippled version. Installer has always to install full version and show custom panel for end-user with checkbox (Would you like to install crippled version?). If user checks it, installer installs crippled version too.

Can you provide with link or guid path where is possible to browse info about installing more than one application.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm sorry, but I still don't quite get the use case: I mean if the end-user installs the full version, why would he need a crippled version for?
0 Kudos
spoplavskyy
Level 4

Because crippled version is easier, quicker to use and has some differenses from full version.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Has the crippled version a separate setup?
0 Kudos
spoplavskyy
Level 4

No.
It is only .exe file
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

The the question should be asked in the pre-install task and based on the user's answer you install or not the .exe file.
0 Kudos
spoplavskyy
Level 4

Sorry, sorry but it's again me.

1) I've put two .exe files and some necesarry folders into User Install Folder ($USER_INSTALL_DIR$ variable).
As you said i made in the pre-install task custom panel (get user input - advanced panel) with radio buttons. The result of user selection stores in variables
$USER_INPUT_RESULT_0$ and $USER_INPUT_RESULT_4$. So, if user selects "no", the value of $USER_INPUT_RESULT_4$ is set to 1. Is any variant how can I delete .exe file of crippled application from User Install Folder ($USER_INSTALL_DIR$ variable) or how do not copy this .exe file to User Install Folder.

2) I've put two .exe files and some necesarry folders into User Install Folder ($USER_INSTALL_DIR$ variable).
After installation i can locate User Install Folder and run both applications (two .exe files are there, so I can run them by double-click).
But there is another problem:
During installation end-user selected shortcut location as desktop. IA puts on desktop shortcut only for one .exe file. Is it possible to put shortcut for two applications?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

You know, when you add a file you can put condition to the addition of that file (in your case if $USER_INPUT_RESULT_4$ equals 1); so there is no need to delete the file, as it's not going to be installed if the user hasn't chosen it to.

Is it possible to put the shortcut for both applications of course... only if you give them different names.
0 Kudos