cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kishore_kotta
Level 3

How to change source path in IA project file other than GUI

I have created InstallaAnywhere project file after that i would like to run it from the command prompt using python scripting lnaguage.
After created project file, i didn't find any pysical locations in IA project file(eg: D:\Test\sample.txt).

1. How to change sourcepath locations in IA project file other than in GUI-->Preferences-->Sourcepath as i want to run from command prompt.
2. How to change Speed folder source and target locations in IA project file other than GUI-->Preferences-->sourcepath as i want to run from command prompt.
3. Where exactly stored these pysical locations and let me know the file names to modify these paths?

Thanks in Advance. Please help me...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Could you please refrain from opening over and over a new thread with basically the same issue, but only refined further?

1. I've already answered that, open your existing .iap_xml project and check the XML structure. You'll find the references to source paths, and then it's a search and replace problem.
2. Same as 1.
3. I don't understand what do you mean by "Where exactly stored these pysical locations"? The physical locations of what?!?
0 Kudos
dherren
Level 3

InstallAnywhere will pick up environment variables that are prepended with "IA_PATH_", this provides another solution to the one that pv has suggested. Whatever paths you use in your project, set them in your environment with 'IA_PATH_' prepended to them, and specifying the path locations that you want. I believe the variables have to then be undefined in the project itself, and you'll probably want to turn off the 'verify resources' option in the preferences.

For my projects I use the 'ant' api, and specify a STAGE_ROOT location. All of the resources are based off of that so I only need one environment variable.

Example: I export IA_PATH_STAGEROOT=/build/ia/installers/stage

In the project I refer to this location as $STAGEROOT$
0 Kudos
jack_bauer
Level 3

I have two questions based on dherren's response.

1. If a source path is set up as $STAGEROOT$ but there is also an environment variable %IA_PATH_STAGEROOT%, which takes precedence?

2. How do you export an environment variable from ant? Is the exported environment variable local or does the change remain outside of the ant script? I would just use the property task to set it - I believe that is local only, but I imagine it works.

Thanks.
0 Kudos