cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srik_008
Level 7

How to change installer vm heap size values at runtime

Hi All,

While installing our installer i am facing java.lang.outofmemory error.i am not sure i think this error getting because of heapsize value.is possible to change installer vm heap size value at run time through cmd prompt any way while installing.

can anyone help to me.

Regards,
Sreekanth
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Not applicable

some of my customers have encountered a java.lang.outofmemory error due to heap size when installing my product.
After checking their configurations, the problem came from a very large .com.zerog.registry.xml file (this file is located in the _installation subdirectory). It seems this bug is fixed in IA 2011 SP4 (check for IOC-000080085).
About changing the heap size value at runtime, the only way I found to do this is :
- launch your setup
- go to temp directory used by the setup
- locate the setup.lax file and modify the lax.nl.java.option.java.heap.size.max variable
- launch the executable located in the same directory as the lax file

regards
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

srik_008 wrote:
Hi All,

While installing our installer i am facing java.lang.outofmemory error.i am not sure i think this error getting because of heapsize value.is possible to change installer vm heap size value at run time through cmd prompt any way while installing.

can anyone help to me.

Regards,
Sreekanth

Hi Thank you for you help.its very helpful.is there any chance to provide through command prompt like

example:executable file maxheapsize=value
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm afraid this is not possible, you need to preset these variables to values that would make sure the installer won't OOM.
0 Kudos