cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azad_khan
Level 4

How get the registry value in InstallAnywhere

Hi,

I am new to InstallAnywhere, i have an experience with InstallShield for reading/writing/querying the registry.

But in InstallAnywhere I am not able find the option where I can store a registry value, also I want to use variable which is defined by me.

I am not getting the option for defining the variables. I went through help document and forum but didn't find any solution.

I think i have to use batch/ant or any other script to achieve this not sure. If so, then please share the steps/process how to do that.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Azad.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

> option where I can store a registry value
I did not understood if you wanted to read a value in registry and store it in a variable or if you want to write into the registry.
(NB: I am talking about windows registry)

You can get windows registry entry by using action "Get Windows Registry Entry".
You can write to windows registry by using general action "Set Windows Registry..." => This action is not available in all mode. At least it is in install phase.

--Jerome
0 Kudos
scarney
Level 5

Hello,

We want to setup the registry using a .reg file as input. It is my understanding that to be able to rollback the registry if something goes wrong, this should be done the msi way which is for InstallAnywhere to make the entries one at-a-time. Is there a way for me to load a .reg file, 'loop' over it and add the entries one-at-a-time or, better yet, can I load a .reg file as a whole and have that transaction be atomic meaning if something goes way, the whole shootin' match gets rolled back.

Thanx,
Sandy
0 Kudos
scarney
Level 5

Hello,

There is a way to do this from InstallShield using it's Import REG File Wizard. I know some of the InstallShield functionality is available to InstallAnywhere. Is there a way for me to tell if this particular capability is available?
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

I do not think there is this functionality in installanywhere but you can implement it by yourself I guess (via command line)
- Export registry to .reg file (kind of backup file)
- Import your .reg file
If the import fails then rollback by restoring the first .reg file and/or do this in the InstallAnywhere rollback phase by default

--Jerome
0 Kudos