cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnaGR
Level 3

How can I check what access authorisation has the user

Hallo,

how can I check whether the user who installs my IA - Project has enough access authorisation?

Thanks for any help,

Anna
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Check the API documentation, you've got this method:

isCurrentUserAdmin
public boolean isCurrentUserAdmin()
throws ServiceException
This method is useful to developers when creating a custom bean. Checks if the current user has admin privileges.

Returns:
"True" if the user is "admin" ("root" in UNIX).
Throws:
ServiceException

(it's in the com.installshield.wizard.service.security package).
0 Kudos
AnnaGR
Level 3

Sorry, I'm new here, the IA7.3 didn't have installshield package. Can you tell me, where can I have some examples to this thema. All could I find were the references to InstallShield and nothing to IA.

Thank you.
Anna
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm afraid you need to upgrade to at least version 8 in order to be able to use these APIs. In version 8 they've started to integrate InstallShield APIs into InstallAnywhere. As you've posted in the InstallAnywhere 2008 Value Pack 1 specific forum, I automatically assumed that this is the version you have. The correct forum in which you should have posted is this one: http://community.macrovision.com/forumdisplay.php?f=244 (InstallAnywhere - Versions prior to 2008)
0 Kudos
AnnaGR
Level 3

Sorry, I didn't finished. I'm avaluating the upgrade to IA2008 Pack1 now. That's why a'm new here
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Then I guess there won't be any problem there, as this version contains the APIs I was mentioning in my initial post. So basically you can achieve what you want easily with this new version, so this might be an incentive to upgrade.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For that specific case, please see this newsletter tip (PDF warning): http://www.acresso.com/webdocuments/PDF/ia_adminprivileges.pdf.
0 Kudos
AnnaGR
Level 3

The IAClasses.zip I've got with the evaluation License doesn't have package security with the class SecurityService. The the package com.installsheild.wizard.service contains only the class ServiceException. Do I have to download any special data?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I think you'll need ...IA/resource/services/services.jar, too.
0 Kudos
AnnaGR
Level 3

Thank you!!! I've got it
0 Kudos