cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavan_kumar_ds
Level 5

Hello friends

As am new to this installation task,it would be helpful for me if someone gives solution for my question.

I have build an exe and using which i can install files..now the question is when am installing the exe is there any way to add new files dynamically to it and continue the installation.

I have chosen the advanced user input panel in that i have 2 radio buttons, one is called create & other is update..for update i have directory choose option.

Now when the user selects create the installer should continue its installation normally & if update is selected then from choose dir user can select files and the installation should continue with the selected files.

Can anyone help me on this please 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
UtsabKarmakar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi,

To create a difference between create and update, check the output of the radio button by using rules and then using the "Jump to Target" and "Add Jump Label" action to take the decision.

If Updated then, to choose multiple files use "Panel: Choose Folder" action to select a folder, this action will store the path of the selected folder. Then use "Copy Folder" action in install phase, and use the selected path (i.e $USER_SELECTED_FOLDER$) in 'Existing Folder' and select "Copy folder and content" or "Copy contents only" as per your requirement.

Regards,
Utsab Karmakar
0 Kudos
pavan_kumar_ds
Level 5

pavan kumar ds wrote:
First of all thank you for your reply.!! Can u gv me any sample for this? AS am new to this i couldn't do this!!i tried it but i couldn't do it.!!Can u pls gv step by step process for this..so that i will try again!! Thank u in advance!

Hello friend..

I created user input panel with two radio buttons,Create & update in preinstall task. Later i added "jump to target" & 'jump to label' & 'choose folder'. In jump to target i have added rule as such, ($USER_INPUT_RESULT_Create$=1 && $USER_INPUT_RESULT_Update$=0) i.e create is selected then i hv given given jump to label as next & branched from jump to target.

Now in choose folder i have added rules as ,($USER_INPUT_RESULT_Create$=0 && $USER_INPUT_RESULT_Update$=1) i.e update is selected.

And in install phase i hv added copy folder action & in existing folder i have added $USER_SELECTED_FOLDER$ & option copy folder and contents.

But am not getting the desired function work..!!!! Please let me know any changes to be made???
0 Kudos
pavan_kumar_ds
Level 5

I got it working!!..Thank you for ur reply!
0 Kudos