Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohansubramani
Level 3

Graphical installers are not supported by the VM

Hi Experts,

Version: InstallAnyWhere 2010 SP1
OS : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)

During start-up of install.bin in some of the Linux machines we were facing issue like, "Graphical installers are not supported by the VM" and it is throwing following error,

Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

Graphical installers are not supported by the VM. The console mode will be used instead...

=======================================================

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The valid UI modes identifiers are GUI, Console, and Silent.

=======================================================

I try to debug the issue using sh -i install.bin and found that only one error in the log ie, "chooseBundledVMs: unable to locate the vmpack directory". Please refer attached console error log for more details.

Am not able to find out exact root cause of the problem. Any idea what might be wrong here?

Thanks,
Mohan
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

This error usually means that some X graphical libraries are missing from the target system.
0 Kudos
mohansubramani
Level 3

Thanks Vlad. can you pls list out the required X graphical libraries.

Thanks,
Mohan
0 Kudos
ratan4268
Level 3

I am also facing the same issue on the Linux system( Red hat 6.6 Santiago). Please advise what kind of the graphical libraries are missing from the system.

Thanks,
Ratnesh
0 Kudos
phanik
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
This error usually means that some X graphical libraries are missing from the target system.

I am also facing the same issue bu on RHEL 7.3 packages ia created with IA2017, could you please help me Vlad.
0 Kudos
nineappsapk
Level 2

9Apps is a download entrance with the two advantages and disadvantages. From one perspective, it's useful for finding and downloading loads of backdrops and fun ringtones, however on the other, it doesn't permit the direct download of amusements and apps. https://9appsapk.com
0 Kudos