cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj_segfault
Level 2

Getting files to install from variable directory

Hi. This is my very first InstallAnywhere project, and I've been given a week to do it :eek:

So far I understand most things, but here's one thing I can't figure out: Our nightly build process will create a new folder every day with the timestamp in the name. We plan on doing automatic creation of installers after the build, so I can't modify the installer XML file manually each time to match the file.

Is there a way to create an InstallAnywhere configuration that determines the directory to get files from via an environment variable or command line parameter? Right now I have to drag and drop files in the configuration tool.

Likewise, I need to expand a jar file with a timestamp in the filename. "Expand Archive" doesn't seem to allow me to type in a wildcard in the archive name. Is there another way of handling this?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
pv7721
Level 20

There is a very important concept in IA called source paths: it allows you to have all your files added relative to a parent you define in a source path variable. For Windows, if you look in c:\Documents and Settings\Integrator\InstallAnywhere\\Enterprise\Preferences\com.zerog.ia.PathManager.properties you'll find the definition of source paths (once you've added the first one). In order to make the nightly builds to work you need to change that to the latest timestamped build before proceeding to IA building.
0 Kudos