cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkehoe
Level 4

Get User Input focus?

I have 2 questions about IA 2010.

1. If I create a "Get User Input" panel is there a way to control the focus (or requestfocus)? By default it appears that the user has to click in the input box in order to enter input, even if there is only one field.

2. Also is there a way to link hitting return to activate the "Next" button? By default it appears that the default is to do nothing when return is hit.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

I think both these focus issues works as designed. AFAIK, you always need to click (or hit tab) to access the 1st field (even if there's only one) and in order to hit Next (you realize that if you put 1 and 2 together, your requests contradict each other, don't you? I mean, on one hand you would like to have the focus in the 1st field, and on the other hand you would like to have Enter act on the Next button, which means the latter having the focus).
0 Kudos
jkehoe
Level 4

Well, I've used a lot of GUI's that have the focus set to a single input field and if you hit return it goes on to the next step. That's a lot nicer for the user than having to click in every box or tab to it. But if that's the way IA is designed, we can live with it for now.
0 Kudos