cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhiyangchen
Level 6

GUI mode installation under KDE desktop environment

Does IA support GUI installer interface when click the installation and uninstallation under KDE desktop environment?

Why I couldn't start the GUI installer interface by click the installer or uninstaller
under KDE desktop environment?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

As far as I know, the Window Manager shouldn't influence the fact that the installer launches or not, it would influence only its graphical aspect. Have you tried a different Window Manager and it works, but not in KDE? What is the exact error message?
0 Kudos
zhiyangchen
Level 6

Hi, I mean in Linux environment with KDE desktop. I can open the GUI under GNOME but not KDE. Nothing was prompted but a java process has been started in background.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm afraid that what you wanted to say is different of what I've understood. Your issue is that you cannot open InstallAnywhere Advanced Designer interface for creating installers, and not run an installer in GUI mode, am I correct?
0 Kudos
zhiyangchen
Level 6

Sorry, no. I use IA to develop a installer and uninstaller for linux platform. But the installer and uninstaller couldn't run in GUI mode when I click it under KDE desktop.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Try running the installer like this
sh -x ./setup.bin

in order to get more information about what the installer does at launch time.
0 Kudos