cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
italital-3
Level 2

Force silent mode

Hello,
I have a setup made with "InstallAnywhere 2009 Enterprise" (I attached it to this post) that doesn't support silent mode, and I need to install it silently.
This setup is made by another software house, and I cannot ask them to include the support for silent installation.

So, I extracted everything with WinRAR and I opened the InstallScript.iap_xml, I change the support for silent mode and rebuild the installer.
I extracted the InstallScript.iap_xml and the MANIFEST.MF from my brand new rebuilded setup, and inserted in the original setup (using WinRAR).

Trying to install this "new" setup fails in silent mode (exit code -1, see the log attached to this post), but if I run it in GUI mode it completes successfully.
I cannot understand wat's the difference betwen Silent/GUI mode, and why in GUI mode it works.

What's wrong with this setup? How can I install it in silent mode?

Thank you for your support.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Whoa, it's quite complicated your issue, I'm not sure if you're able to rebuild the installer only with the .iap_xml file that you extract from the already generated installer. In any case, enabling the silent installation mode it's not enough, you would need to take care of setting all the variables that are usually set during GUI installation (like $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ etc.)
0 Kudos
italital-3
Level 2

Sorry,
I forgot to say that I use a response file to fill all the data into the setup (see the attached).

Thank you!
0 Kudos