cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nirajrb
Level 2

File copy informations not printed in $PRODUCT_NAME$_InstallLog.log

Hi ,
My installer log has not given the file copy information in the $PRODUCT_NAME$_InstallLog.log file like the following.

Install Directory: /xyz/app/install/db/
Additional Notes: NOTE - Directory already existed

Install File: /xyz/app/install/db/bin/myexecutable

Install File: /xyz/app/install/db/bin/myexecutable.sh

But this is a typical case. It has been printing these informations everytime till this time. However all the files were copied into respective locations but it printed nothing in the log except just one line. The directory copy information is there but not the files inside it.

Install Directory: /xyz/app/install/db/
Additional Notes: NOTE - Directory already existed

This installer was run in linux 5.3. I am wondering does it have anything to do with the os or system configuration. Please help me out. Quick response required.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

When you say linux 5.3, you mean RHEL Linux 5.3? If you don't see those files being logged as copied, then this might mean that by default your installer is set not to overwrite existing files or to overwrite them only if newer (which is not the case, as your reinstalling over an existing installation).
0 Kudos
nirajrb
Level 2

It actually overwrites the files (I can see the file timestamp and size changing) .
But it did not write anything into the log. Though 2nd time re-installation did print everything into the log. But i am confused why it hasn't printed anything in the log first time. Have anyone ever come across such issues ??
0 Kudos