cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nileshrathodn
Level 6

Error while running sql script on oracle server.

Hi,

I have followed the steps of running script properly( Created host .. adding script file etc......).

But when I connect using
sys/password I got this error : An error occurred while trying to establish a connection with the database server: ORA-28009:
connection as SYS should be as SYSDBA or SYSOPER.

and when I connect using
system/password I got this erorr : An error occurred while running the script: (17439) Invalid SQL type.

Help please...........

Thanking you,
Nilesh Rathod.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
pv7721
Level 20

From the 1st error message it looks like you've got the wrong credentials (i.e. username & password for an user that it's not a DBA or an OPERator

And the 2nd error just looks like you've got an error in your SQL file...
0 Kudos
nileshrathodn
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
From the 1st error message it looks like you've got the wrong credentials (i.e. username & password for an user that it's not a DBA or an OPERator

And the 2nd error just looks like you've got an error in your SQL file...


Hi,

In first case :
You are right.....
In second case :
Using same file I can create user in TOAD(a tool). So there is no problem in file.. Can u tell me how to solve this error.. and yes though this error user is created........

Thanking you,
Nilesh Rathod.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

The 2nd error message is a TTC message. Two-Task Common (TTC) A presentation layer type that is used in a typical Oracle Net connection to provide character set and data type conversion between different character sets or formats on the client and server. I'm no Oracle guru, but it looks to me like some incompatibility between charsets (between your script and the Oracle server). From your message I understand that you can run your SQL script manually? If yes, I'm afraid you will need to debug both the installer and the Oracle server in order to troubleshoot the issue.
0 Kudos
nileshrathodn
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
The 2nd error message is a TTC message. Two-Task Common (TTC) A presentation layer type that is used in a typical Oracle Net connection to provide character set and data type conversion between different character sets or formats on the client and server. I'm no Oracle guru, but it looks to me like some incompatibility between charsets (between your script and the Oracle server). From your message I understand that you can run your SQL script manually? If yes, I'm afraid you will need to debug both the installer and the Oracle server in order to troubleshoot the issue.


Hi,
The problem was "/" character at the end of script. after removing that character script works fine.
But now I need to connect to the oracle server (10.2.0.4) as sysdba in order to grant some priviledges. Can you guide me how to do that in installanywhere we have solution for installshield but not for IA..

Thanks in advance,
Nilesh Rathod.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

What is the solution for IS?
0 Kudos
nileshrathodn
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
What is the solution for IS?


Hi,
I need to connect to oracle server as sysdba. I want to know how to do that in installanywhere.
Can you guide me in doing so??

Thanks in advance,
Nilesh Rathod.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

You said you knew how to do it in IS, but you didn't in IA. I was curious about what was that solution in IS and why it wasn't applicable in IA. As far as I've understood from your previous posts, you managed to launch a connexion, but with the wrong credentials (not sysDBA). What's wrong this time?
0 Kudos
nileshrathodn
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
You said you knew how to do it in IS, but you didn't in IA. I was curious about what was that solution in IS and why it wasn't applicable in IA. As far as I've understood from your previous posts, you managed to launch a connexion, but with the wrong credentials (not sysDBA). What's wrong this time?

Hi,
Check this :

http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?p=434876&posted=1#post434876

Thanks,
Nilesh Rathod.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm afraid you missed the most important thing, right at the beginning: Since the ODBC Driver for Oracle provided from Microsoft does not support the functionality, you need to use the ODBC Driver for Oracle provided from Oracle.
0 Kudos
nileshrathodn
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
I'm afraid you missed the most important thing, right at the beginning: Since the ODBC Driver for Oracle provided from Microsoft does not support the functionality, you need to use the ODBC Driver for Oracle provided from Oracle.


Hi,

I have already installed : "ojdbc14.jar" and saved it at : "C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 2009 Enterprise\resource\db\drivers\Oracle".
for my oracle server (10.0.2.4).

Thanks,
Nilesh.
0 Kudos