cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hnt0807
Level 2

ERROR - Error installing uninstaller: ZeroGbv

Hi,

I'm running into this strange error when at the end of the installation:"ERROR - Error installing uninstaller: ZeroGbv: could not find 'InstData' in base path." The size of uninstaller.jar is strangely 0KB. This problem is also sporadic. I don't see it on my machine, but do on others. I'm using InstallAnywhere Enterprise 2008 Value Pack1. Has anyone experienced this before? Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

On what platform does this happen? Does this happen only on this platform or on others too?
0 Kudos
andersonmao
Level 3

Hi, I also encounter such issue, the dir structure is like:
Disk1\InstData\Windows\NoVM\install.exe
When I move install.exe to other dir, such as
Disk1\install.exe
The error occured.

It is not good for user to find the installer under InstData\xxx\xxx
Why not package all the files into the exe or bin file so it can be move to any dir?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I suggest you to make an installer "for the web". This way you'll still get an .exe in a similar path to what you have today, but the difference is that you can get that exe and put that in no matter what path and it'll work!
0 Kudos
paman02
Level 3

Hello,

I am also facing a similar problem on Linux. The entire installation procedure goes through fine but the Uninstall folder contains an uninstaller.jar file of 0 length. The uninstall.bin does not get created.

How do I make my project "For the web"?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Once you've opened up your .iap_xml project file in the Advanced Designer, just go to the Build tab, then to the Distribution Tab and the first available option is Web Installer Options: just check the first checkbox, Build Web Installers (Self-extracting Installers, suitable for Web-Based Distribution); you can eventually check also the other checkbox, Optimize Installer Size by platform (Recommended for Final Shipping Installers).
0 Kudos
paman02
Level 3

Thanks!..I was able to find what you mention.(For the web_project)

However, my original problem is not solved yet. Here is a part of the log that was generated. This is for the Linux platform. We did not bundle any VM. It is a 32 bit Linux x86 machine.

No Entry found: MakeExectutableAction_zg_ia_sf.jar

Install Uninstaller: Status: ERROR Addtional Notes: ERROR - Error installing uninstaller: ZeroFbv: Cannot continue since could not locate:InstallerData/InstalledMedias.properties

ERROR - Failure to install Uninstaller executable: java.lang.NullPointerException

Neither the Uninstaller.bin nor the corresponding .lax file are created in the Uninstall folder. As I have mentioned in my previous post the uninstall.jar file is of 0 length. Everything else goes through successfully.
0 Kudos