cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEinstaller
Level 7

Disable Previous in Install Complete panel

Is there a way to disable the Previous button in the Install Complete panel. I have seen other posts on the forum that talk about disabling the cancel button during install but that did not seem to help me.

I am also trying to disable to cancel button after the install is complete, because if a user cancels after the files are in place then lots of configuration steps are missed. I have tried making a customCodePanel and creating a static GUIAccess variable in it but it is not working.

Any ideas??????
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Is the Install Complete panel the last panel action in the Post-Install task of your project? In a default project, the buttons on Install Complete look like this:
0 Kudos
MEinstaller
Level 7

It is the last panel action in my project although I do have other actions that take place after the install complete dialog shows up. I attached a screenshot cut from my install complete panel.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Would it be possible for you to post your project?
0 Kudos
MEinstaller
Level 7

According to Acresso support this is a bug in IA 2008 VP 1. The disabling of Previous and Cancel buttons do not work from my experience and from the tech I was working with in support.

sorry I cannot post the project but I tried making sample projects and saw the same behavior. All you need to do is put some extra panels in the Post install section before you get to install complete.
0 Kudos
venus2
Level 3

I am having same issue. I do have a panel in 'post-install' before I go to install complete...but I still see 'previous' button. Any ideas?

-Thanks
0 Kudos