cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_v__V
Level 2

Deploy WAR/EAR Archive

Currently I'm running a trial license of InstallAnywhere 2012, testing the possibilities of WAR/EAR deployment. All the required credentials are fulfilled but it aint clear what to fill in at the server path, a error keeps nagging about this configuration item.

When building the project the following error pops up:
Build failure.
Reason: Please specify a path to the server in your Deploy WAR/EAR Archive action.
Suggestion/Details: InstallAnywhere has experienced an error building/saving this project. Please consult the build log (console.txt) for additional information concerning this problem. For further assistance, please contact InstallAnywhere Technical Support.

Deploying to a remote Weblogic server with "Bundle Connection Libraries From Local Server Install" checked. Other configuration items:
Server Path: /home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3
Host Name: 172.21.1.28
Port: 7001
Username: weblogic
Password: weblogic1

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance!

EDIT:
Oke.. I figured the server path is equal to the connection libraries who are needed for remote deployment. I only have to know which connection libraries InstallAnywhere needs, explicitly 10.0?

EDIT2:
Looks like InstallAnywhere explicitly needs weblogic 10.0, unfortanately InstallAnywhere doesn't deliver the connection libraries. Anyone has a download link?

Are there any plans to upgrade from to 10 to version 11 or 12?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

Hi Mark,

It looks like the path you have mentioned is not correct. Since you've checked the "Bundle Connection Libraries From Local Server Install" checkbox, you need to have the server and connection libraries on the same box as you are building the project.

If you have the libraries on the target machine where you will be running the installer, you should not enable the checkbox.

Let me know if this works
0 Kudos
Mark_v__V
Level 2

Hi RamyaVenkatesh,

Thanks for your comment!

Initially the server path is not correct but meanwhile I changed the server path. Currently I have a version problem, the deployed Weblogic server is 10.3, whereas InstallAnywhere only support version 10.0. InstallAnywhere staticly needs version dependant files. See the buildlog.xml:

C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_12.1\..\modules
There was an I/O error storing the classes.

Etc...

I can't find Weblogic Server version 10.0 download and therefore banging against this brick wall. Do you know where to find the Weblogic Server version 10.0 connection libraries? Bundling the connection libraries is required so maintain a installer which doesn't have any dependancies.

Thanks!
0 Kudos