cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zymanz
Level 2

Custom Code throws ClassNotFound exception when JVM not bundled in installer

I have custom code that implements a rule. The custom code works fine when the installer is built with a bundled JVM. However, when the installer is built without a JVM, the custom code does not work - a ClassNotFound exception is thrown.

I've checked the Execute.zip file that is deployed to the temporary directory and my custom code classes are there..

Anybody have an idea of what is going on here??
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

It is hard to tell without seeing the custom code. Wouldn't be something related to the JVM version (your code uses a certain JVM that you bundle, and when you don't, the version existing on your machine isn't supported?)
0 Kudos
zymanz
Level 2

Actually.. figured out my problem..

After removing IAClasses.zip from the JVM's classpath, the customcode classes were able to be loaded..
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

It's odd, because normally you need to have IAClasses.zip in your path in order to be able to properly execute Custom Code (but the one found in the IA installation folder and not the one from the resource folder).
0 Kudos
cgulliver
Level 3

This makes no sense. There's no way you can remove that item from the classpath of the installer and make this work.

Following this KB article, http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q000043, it will walk you through the steps to diagnose the problem.

These types of problems are always related to missing resources. Your class may not be found and still exist in the installer but if it's dependencies are not available then it cannot be loaded into the VM. This is misleading because it's the dependency that cannot be found. So go back and make sure that all of the required libraries are set as dependencies in the IDE.
0 Kudos