cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gsager
Level 3

CreateProcess error=14001 when running IconChng during ant build

When run on my machine I get no error, When run on the build machine that is a copy of the my machines installation with an ant task that makes sure the machine is licensed it runs fine. The build machine only is run through ant the design tool is never run. The file that is trying to be run is in this directory.

Finished assembling installer components
[buildinstaller] java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "E:\B_WEF8.5\3rdParty\lwp\InstallAnywhere\IA2012\resource\nativetools\windows\IconChng.exe": CreateProcess error=14001, This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
[buildinstaller] at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at Flexeraadg.a4(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at Flexeraadn.run(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=14001, This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
[buildinstaller] at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
[buildinstaller] at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] ... 5 more
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

Check this thread: http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?198823-Error-setting-uninstaller-icon&p=471502#post471502

=> With linux 64bit installer I get rid of this message by renaming "...Windows\resource\IconChng.exe" file to lowercase "Iconchng.exe".

--Jerome
0 Kudos
gsager
Level 3

The issue is because the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 runtime wasn't installed on the build machine so it couldn't find the dependecy. This was also noted in the other thread as the issue.
0 Kudos