cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
william01
Level 3

Create Silent Sub-installers

Hello,

I would like to know how to silence sub-installers within an InstallAnywhere installer. I have inherited an InstallShield project that runs several (outside, non-InstallShield) installers silently using .iss response files. Can something similar be done in InstallAnywhere?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
william01
Level 3

Okay, going on what I can glean from the user guide and forums, I have tried the following, which does not work:

I created an installer that puts the sub-installers on the user's computer (just in the install folder for this test).
I checked Always Generate Response File.
I use the Execute Target File action to run the installers.
After I run the installer I have created, I grab the response file, and put that into the installer, and deposit into the user's install folder.
I change execute Execute Target File action to include the following in the command line edit box: $EXECUTE_FILE_TARGET$ -f $IA_PROJECT_DIR$\installer.properties

Sorry if any or all of the above is laughably wrong, but I appear to be lacking in one or more pieces of fundamental InstallAnywhere knowledge that would allow me to get past this roadblock.
0 Kudos
madhavbantwal
Level 6

Hi william01,

The configuration your doing here seems to be pretty much correct.

Another way InstallAnywhere installs sub-installer from Parent Project is Merge Modules.

Lets us know in-case of any difficulty you face.

Thanks,

Madhav Pai
InstallAnywhere Engineering,
Flexera Software
0 Kudos
rox163
Level 5

william01 wrote:
Okay, going on what I can glean from the user guide and forums, I have tried the following, which does not work:

I created an installer that puts the sub-installers on the user's computer (just in the install folder for this test).
I checked Always Generate Response File.
I use the Execute Target File action to run the installers.
After I run the installer I have created, I grab the response file, and put that into the installer, and deposit into the user's install folder.
I change execute Execute Target File action to include the following in the command line edit box: $EXECUTE_FILE_TARGET$ -f $IA_PROJECT_DIR$\installer.properties

Sorry if any or all of the above is laughably wrong, but I appear to be lacking in one or more pieces of fundamental InstallAnywhere knowledge that would allow me to get past this roadblock.

This seems liek you have generated the response file for the parent installer rather than the sub installer. You should have a prop file made for the sub-installer and name it .properties and then add this to your package. Then go ahead and call in the parent installer an Execute target Action.
That might help.
0 Kudos