cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinro05
Level 3

Console mode with install.jar

Hi.

I'm trying to run jar installer on Linux in console mode. When I start the installer the installing process is redirected from command line somewhere else and thus I'm not able to continue. Is there a way how to run jar installer from command line and stay in the same command line?

Thanks

Robert
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Just a couple of questions: have you enabled the console mode and have you launched the installer.jar with the -i console switch?
0 Kudos
vinro05
Level 3

Hi.

I did. In fact I even decompiled IA's java code to see what is going on.

If I start the installer and let IA copy install.jar to /tmp/XXX and then call the installer using -Drelaunched option from /tmp/XXX (plus I have to move sea_loc file one directory higher to /tmp) then the installer starts and runs in the console. It freezes some time after interview phase during installation process..

Even if it didn't freeze after interview this would be a terrible hack. From java code I can't determine why the process starts outside running console..

Robert
0 Kudos
vinro05
Level 3

Actually now I see that Runtime.exec(install.jar -Drelaunhced ...) method is called which starts new process. From this point of view I'd say there's no way to start the process in the same console.

Don't understand why IA copies install.jar to temp folder then it uses this jar to start the original jar.

r
0 Kudos