cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Morse
Level 6

Console mode _1 variable?

Hello,

I added console panels to my project and some of my variable comparison rules stopped working. For example, I have a gui input that sets $ANSWER$ and a rule that compares $ANSWER$ equals yes. After adding the equivalent console panel I find that $ANSWER$ is set to "yes" with the quotes! The console panel sets another variable, $ANSWER_1$ to yes without quotes. I either need to remember to use "contains" instead of "equals" in my variable comparison rules, or add a new rule comparing $ANSWER_1$.

Can anyone tell me why console mode adds double quotes around a variable's value and why the _1 variable is also set? Why not work the same as gui mode?

Regards,

Jeff
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

I'm afraid it works the same way in GUI mode. Please check the manual, the "Get User Input Panels" section:

Results Variable(s): The name of the InstallAnywhere variable that will store the results of the end-user's input. The default value for the Results Variable name is "USER_INPUT_RESULTS". The variable name of the Results Variable also forms the base name of additional InstallAnywhere variables that will be used to store individual end-user input choices from the end-user input panel. The convention for the naming of the additional variables is to append an underscore and an integer number to the end of the base name. The number, starting at one (1), increases by one (1) for each additional variable that is needed to store data. The number of additional variables derived from the Results Variable base name depends upon the Input Method/Component Type that you have selected for the panel, the choices made by the end-user at install time, and the number of values listed in Defaults.

$X$="Peter","Paul","Mary"

$X_1$=Peter

$X_2$=Paul

$X_3$=Mary
0 Kudos
Jeff_Morse
Level 6

Thank you Vlad. I guess "RTFM" applies here... 😮

-Jeff
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20