Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k_manimuthu
Level 3

Compatibility of Installanywhere with the Installshield

dear All,

I have a installshield project.
I want to make use of installanywhere to package it.
so that it can be made instaled cross platforms.

My doubt is can the "installanywhere" able to access the components / File groups that comes as a part of the installshield project. (.ipr )?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

As far as I know, the 2 are incompatible (i.e. you would need to rewrite your IS project into IA).
0 Kudos
k_manimuthu
Level 3

Thanks for your reply

In installshield, we have a concept called component definitions and the file groups, using which the files get packaged dynamically during the build.

Whereas in installanywhere, I found that we need to the add files to the project manually ( by using of Add files button). My doubt is, Is there any way to update these files dynamically?

For Eg: always I want to load certain files from a folder , : Eg : mainfolder\*.*
Rather than adding these files to the project manually, I need to update any configuration file(like a xml or a cdf file). Is there any possible way that installanywhere reads this configuration file (regarding the source of the files) and updates the package dynamically during the build.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

For this IA has the speedfolder concept: you simply indicate you want to add all files under mainfolder and it'll do it.
0 Kudos
k_manimuthu
Level 3

I am able to add the file dynamically for the speed folders, thanks a lot for your support
0 Kudos