cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spoplavskyy
Level 4

Choose shortcut folder Panel - change radio buttons to checkboxes

Hi all,

I have a trouble. After installation of my program, I need that end-user could launch it from desktop, quick launch bar and from start menu. But on Choose shortcut folder Panel end-user can select only one option. I've read that it is possible to fix it (change radio buttons to check boxes).

Could you provide me with solution of this problem or with link where I can find any variants how to do this.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

You can either implement a custom panel with check boxes instead of radio buttons or you can copy the shortcut from the user selected location to the two other locations.
0 Kudos
spoplavskyy
Level 4

You can either implement a custom panel with check boxes instead of radio buttons - do you mean that I have to change "IA choose shortcut folder panel" with my own created panel? If such, how can I browse the functionallity of "IA choose shortcut folder panel" to implement in own created custom panel.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

spoplavskyy wrote:
You can either implement a custom panel with check boxes instead of radio buttons - do you mean that I have to change "IA choose shortcut folder panel" with my own created panel? If such, how can I browse the functionallity of "IA choose shortcut folder panel" to implement in own created custom panel.

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I do not understand what you mean by "browsing the functionality of the panel". Maybe it's easier to have the shortcuts installed in a place then to add copy actions to the other magic folders.
0 Kudos
spoplavskyy
Level 4

Can you provide me please with more detailed explanation of your last post - "Maybe it's easier to have the shortcuts installed in a place then to add copy actions to the other magic folders".

As I understand you offer to resolve this problem in such way:
- after "choose shortcut folder panel" add "execute custom code action" that gets user selected location ($USER_SHORTCUTS$ variable) and copies shortcut to another two locations. (example: end-user selected desktop, so we copy shortcut from desktop to quick lanch and start menu magic folders)
Am I write?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

spoplavskyy wrote:
Can you provide me please with more detailed explanation of your last post - "Maybe it's easier to have the shortcuts installed in a place then to add copy actions to the other magic folders".

As I understand you offer to resolve this problem in such way:
- after "choose shortcut folder panel" add "execute custom code action" that gets user selected location ($USER_SHORTCUTS$ variable) and copies shortcut to another two locations. (example: end-user selected desktop, so we copy shortcut from desktop to quick lanch and start menu magic folders)
Am I write?

Yes you're correct.
0 Kudos
peczes
Level 4

So, how would you specify multiple locations?

I assume if we created a custom panel, we would need to set the USER_SHORTCUTS variable, then call an IA action to create the shortcuts in those locations?

Is there a way to specify multiple locations in USER_SHORTCUTS (i.e. comma separated, etc)?

Or would we need to set the variable each time and then call an IA action to create the shortcut?

Very new to IA here, so sorry if this doesn't make sense.
0 Kudos