cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anitha
Level 5

Choose Java Vm

How can i restrict the jre's displayed in the java VM panel to be 1.6 and above versions..
I tried adding the rule under Project -> java but in vain
Cna anyone please help me out.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

As far as I know, you cannot prevent IA from displaying all the available VMs it can find. What you can do is either you stop the installation if the chosen VM is not minimum 6, or even better you bundle the correct Java VM and be sure that this is the version that will be installed and used.
0 Kudos
anitha
Level 5

Thank you for the infromation but i actaully need this:

There is a panel called choose java vm that searches the list of jre in the system and display the results.
can i restrict the results to be above 1.6+ for specific platforms
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I've already told you that I don't think this is possible: the panel it's an IA built-in panel and I guess you've seen the only options that it has. It might be possible if you were to create a custom panel.
0 Kudos
anitha
Level 5

New to using custom panels
Can anyone please help me out in writing a custom panel as i need the panel to be same as that of "choose jvm" but should display only jvm with 1.6 or higher.
How can i do this?
Any suggestion would be helpful..
0 Kudos
akarwal
Level 3

IA 2009 has this functionality to restrict vms based on version. I am not sure if you can switch to IA2009 or not.
0 Kudos
anitha
Level 5

what are the variables that i need to set by writing a custom panel for choose java vm
$JDK_HOME$- java home directory
and what other variables should i set in my custom code for the choose java vm panel
0 Kudos