cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dziants
Level 6

Changing titile "'Not Enough Disk Space' once room on disk.

For my installer, am using "check disk space option" at beginning of install stage, and the standard appropriate message screen appears saying "No available disk space. Please free some space" when there is not enough space, and the title of the screen is: "Not Enough Disk Space".

After freeing space, another message screen says that the installation can be made, and the installation can be continued as expected.

On this installation can be made screen after freeing disk space, the standard title: 'Not Enough Disk Space' still appears, and I have received a requirement that for this screen only, there should be a different title.

Can this be done, and how easily?

I am using IA 2011 SP3.
Thanks in advance,
David
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Masudkhan
Level 5

Not sure it will work but you may give a try.

These titles are defined in "C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 2011 Enterprise\resource\i18nresources\custom_en" (For windows).
You may change the string there and rebuild the app.
0 Kudos
dziants
Level 6

Masudkhan wrote:
Not sure it will work but you may give a try.

These titles are defined in "C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 2011 Enterprise\resource\i18nresources\custom_en" (For windows).
You may change the string there and rebuild the app.

Thank you Musudkhan for your reply. The problem in changing this file is that it can affect other projects being built/generated with the same IA installation. I guess a workaround to that, when doing generation through a script, is to programmatic copy the appropriate version of custom_en to this IA directory and then after generation, copy the original custom_en file back. It is disappointing that IA does not allow reference to copies of the i18n files on a per project basis.

Also, this does not allow to give a different title for each of the two screens, which is a requirement from the customer.

Is there a way of obtaining a handle to the title, dynamically, through custom code, without changing the text on these files?

Regards,
David
0 Kudos
Masudkhan
Level 5

Well since it is a built-in dialog not sure how we can get a handle to the dialog at run time.
A not so easier but still workable work around would be instead of using built-in action use your own custom action and a msg dialog.
0 Kudos
dziants
Level 6

Thank you, Masudkhan, for your follow up reply.
0 Kudos