cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyluo197
Level 3

Can IA2009 not report error on a os/400 command ?

We have an installer to install a library to os/400 system. If the library had been installed previously and with different user, the installer will report an error to current user(will cause user a little confused). Does anyone know how to hide this error that do not report to user ? Really appreciated for your help!!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Well, as the OS/400 support is fairly recent (it was introduced only 2 years ago in IA 2008 VP1) I think you're the first person ever reporting an issue. So from what you say, wouldn't it be up to the installer to check if the library is already present and then warn the user and abort the installation in case it has been found?!?
0 Kudos
andyluo197
Level 3

Thanks a lot ! I think we tried to do the library check like what you said. But seems IA2009 does not provide a way to check library, or way to check System i Command result, so we give up finally... I'm new to InstallAnywhere, so don't know if there are other solutions or tips...
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

If you've got a valid maintenance contract, you could directly ask the Flexera Software support!
0 Kudos
andyluo197
Level 3

Yes, but I don't know how to contact the support. Could you provide some more information ? Thanks!
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

0 Kudos