cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kssraju
Level 3

Bundling MySQL5.0 with InstallAnywhere

hi all

iam new to installanywhere . i want to install mysql along with my app using installanywhere.

Please give me some suggestions on how to achieve this
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(15) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

The easiest way would be to bundle the MySQL installer along with your installer and have it installed in a temp folder, then run the MySQL installer from within your setup.
0 Kudos
kssraju
Level 3

Hi

iam able to bundle the mysql installer with the IA setup
how to execute the mysql installer using Execute Target File or Execute Command

pls give me an example

thanks
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm afraid this is one of the simplest tasks in IA. Have you checked the manual on the relevant section?
0 Kudos
kssraju
Level 3

Hi pv7721

thanks for u r reply. im using InstallAnywhere 8 Enterprise
pls provide me a link to download IA8 Enterprise Manual so that i will check and get back to u
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

The manual in HTML format should have been installed along with your IA 8 (as any other documented software). Just point your favorite browser to the IA 8 installation folder, open the manual/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/ subfolders and then open the wwhelp.htm file!
0 Kudos
kssraju
Level 3

hi pv7721

Pls see the Attachemnt . This is how iam setting the Execute Target file
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

That looks ok! Doesn't this work for you? On the other hand, you may want to check the zTime2 installation, I don't know why it is marked with a red exclamation mark!
0 Kudos
kssraju
Level 3

hi pv7721

here iam giving the InstallAnywhere project file im using as an example.

http://rapidshare.com/files/306316304/My_Product.rar.html

in this file iam just copying a gif image to the $USER_INSTALL_DIR and executing it using the Executing Target File action

pls use the rapid share link to download the IA project file and load into your IA
0 Kudos
kssraju
Level 3

Hi pv7721

iam able to execute the Action "Execute command" with commands like calc,mspaint

pls help on "Execute Target File"

any sample InstallAnywhere Project file will be helpful for me
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

As this is not an .exe, but an .MSI you could try executing the following command:

CMD /C MSIEXEC.EXE "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$$/$mysql-essential-5.0.67-win32.msi"
0 Kudos
kssraju
Level 3

Hi pv7721

still iam not able to excute the Action "Execute Target File"

i written a window batch file and iam using the action "Execute batch file". for now my requirement of starting MySQL installer is ok

i will get back to u later

thanks for u r immediate help
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Can you post the contents of your batch file?
0 Kudos
kssraju
Level 3

Batch file content is

CD /D $USER_INSTALL_DIR$

start mysql-essential-5.0.67-win32.msi
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, this might not work if the $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ contains spaces. You may want to try: CD /D "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$" Moreover, the start command help says that it is used for launching a new window, which might not be allowed from within IA (for instance Execute Command).
0 Kudos
jferranti
Level 2

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/DocumentRepository/Installation/InstallAnywhere/InstallAnywhere%20Standard%202008/01_Public/Product_Manual/userguide_IA2008_en.pdf

use the "execute target file command" it will run the installer for your other program. There is a checkbox to pause the InstallAnywhere while your other program installs.
0 Kudos