cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peczes
Level 4

Bundled JVM not getting installed

I've created an installer that runs on Windows, Linux and AIX.

I bundle a JVM for each platform, and in the Project->Java settings, I select the checkbox "Install Bundled Virtual Machine" and select "User Install Dir"/jre as the location.

On windows and Linux, the JVM gets installed properly, but on AIX, it does not.

Has anyone else had any issues with this? Am I missing a setting?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

What is the JVM for AIX? Is it one that you've downloaded from the Acresso Software site or is one that you've created yourself?
0 Kudos
peczes
Level 4

It is one I've bundled myself. I created the bundle the same way I did for linux and windows.

When I run the installer, if I go to the $INSTALLER_TEMP_DIR/AIX/resource, I see the jre that I bundled exploded in there.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

You are aware that fir AIX IBM JVMs need to be used, right? http://community.acresso.com/showpost.php?p=436168&postcount=8
0 Kudos
peczes
Level 4

Yeah, it's an IBM JRE I'm bundling.
0 Kudos
peczes
Level 4

As an update, I tried adding a copy folder action to the install to copy the jre directory from the temp location to the install directory, but the install log shows that that copy fails because the jre directory exists in the install directory. However, when the install exits, that directory is not there.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Would it be possible for you to post your project or at least a project that reproduces your issue?
0 Kudos
ivenkata
Level 6

Could you please let me know the steps you followed for creating the bundled VM Pack(Bundled JRE) for AIX machine.

I guess you must have done something wrong while preparing the VM pack. I just tried bundling a JRE for AIX machine and it works fine for me.
0 Kudos