cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donmarselle
Level 3

Build licenses

Has anyone used build licenses for InstallAnywhere?

I have a single development license that I use to build the installers. I am in the process of setting up our automated build environment on our main build servers. We have two build servers and the main directories such as user home directories and /share where all the tools are installed are automounted across both machines.

I'm trying to figure out if build licenses are per user or per machine and how they are checked. If the license is stored in the home directory for the build engineer, I would think I only need one license since this directory is the same on both machines.

Any information would be helpful.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK, licenses are nominative (a.k.a per user and only the developper named X must use the software; in case the person that uses it changed, a new license must be requested associated to the new name) AND per machine (i.e. the developper X must use the license on a single physical machine). It looks like in your case you would need 3 licenses (if you're using the environment you're setting up, I'm afraid thet you're violating the end user license agreement). Maybe it would be a good idea to read that again?
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

I will buy a PowerBook Pro very soon. Will I be allowed to use the Mac OS X version and the Windows version on the same computer?

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Yves, I really don't know if they have taken into account dual booting situations (or running the software in a VM for instance). But you've raised a very interesting point!
0 Kudos