cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ju_set
Level 3

Back button in installer not working

During the pre-install phase, I have a couple of branching paths based on user choices and the results of command executions, and those are the only rules associated with those panels (only "Compare InstallAnywhere Variables" rules are used). I've noticed though, once I'm back at a common point in the installer, that the "back" button won't bring me to the previous panel.

Sorry that this is vague, I'm not exactly sure what rules are making this happen or if this something expected or not. What steps can help me ensure that the back button will bring the user back to whatever panel they were just on? I can provide any details that would help. Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Normally, there is nothing that would prevent you from using the Back button... except Jump actions. Would it be possible to post your project?
0 Kudos
ju_set
Level 3

Unfortunately, I cannot share my installer. However, I think I have discovered the problem. It has to do with different versions of IA and my "Get User Input - Advanced" panel being made in SP1 and not being compatible with the non-SP1 version of IA 2010. Where ever I put that panel, it will just be skipped, and as a consequence, the Previous button doesn't know where to return to.

I actually have another problem and was wondering if you knew a solution (I don't want to clutter the board with topics if I can avoid it). I changed the installer in between installations, and I'm getting an "Error while checking for instances" whenever I try to uninstall a previously installed version of my program. Is there a way to just force-remove that entry? Thanks.
0 Kudos