cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagimann
Level 3

Back button hangs install

Hi,
I have an installation that some panels cause the following error in the console when I click their "back" button:

WARNING: runPreviousInstallPiece exceeded PREINSTALL bounds
java.lang.Exception: Stack trace
at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Thread.java:1064)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgr.b(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.n(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgr.h(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgr.actionPerformed(DashoA8113)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1786)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1839)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:245)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5100)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:4897)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1569)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3483)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3198)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3128)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1613)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1606)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:480)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

I tried to isolate the problem by copying the "bad" panel to a new project, but I was unable to reproduce the issue there. On the other hand, we already have 2 install projects, written separately (in IA 8.0.1 Enterprise), that have this issue.

The mentioned panels are inside an action group, and the rule on the action group is always true for both the panel and the one before it. This was checked with a simple console output.

Does anyone know how to diagnose this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
sagimann
Level 3

Update: I found the cause of this error, at least in my case. And I also found a workaround - but no explanation. This is definitely not a behavior I would expect.
I'm attaching a sample project that works around the issue. I wrote the explanation in the comment (see pre-install section).

tnx
0 Kudos
venus2
Level 3

I am having same problem but could not understand your workaround. With your project I removed the 'set variable X=$EMPTY_STRING$' action and build the project but I don't encounter the problem when I ran your install. I think I will understand the workaround better if I can first recreate the problem with your project. Could you please post the sample project where I can recreate the problem.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
0 Kudos
sagimann
Level 3

Well, the project I attached should recreate the issue once the set x=$EMPTY_STRING$ is removed. This is what I saw. If you cannot recreate the issue using this, we should try and compare our build envs. Mine:

Win 2003 R2 SP2 + 8.0.1 Enterprise build 3083
or:
WinXP Pro SP2 + IA 8.0 Enterprise build 3060

I build from cmdline or designer, without any special switches (only what you see in the project itself)

In any case, you say that you are experiencing the issue as well. Could you post a sample project?

thanks...
0 Kudos