cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkudrle
Level 2

Ant BuildOutputLocation

I am trying to use ant tasks with InstallAnywhere and I am having trouble attempting to see how InstallAnywhere is creating the output directory. In the antscript I am setting the property "BuildOutputLocation" to "/home/foo/InstallAnywhereOutput" but InstallAnywhere outputs the installers to "/home/foo/home/foo/InstallAnywhereOutput". Is there some InstallAnywhere intricacy I am unaware of that causes this? Do I need to change something in ant? Is there something in the project file I can change?

Also, how do I get InstallAnywhere to not build the default Unix build? I think I am setting everything to false except the Linux build I am needing yet it always builds the Unix build by default.

Paul
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
bharath_reddy
Level 3

Paul,

Open your project file in Advanced Designer. Navigate to Project >> Info section and in the 'Build Location' textbox check the path you have chosen. Choose the path properly here for creating the output directory. [If the path chosen here is from windows OS then we can see backward slashes in the path which might cause a different behavior in creating the Output folder in Linux OS].

Also, how do I get InstallAnywhere to not build the default Unix build? I think I am setting everything to false except the Linux build I am needing yet it always builds the Unix build by default.

In the Advanced Designer, navigate to Build >> Build Targets , you can check Without/With VM checkboxes that are necessary for your requirement and try if it solves your problem.

I am a novice in this area and am not sure whether if my reply answers your questions. But if you are at a bit of loss, then definitely you can give it a try.

Good Luck.
0 Kudos