cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zunkination
Level 4

ABORT an install or send an exit code

Why isn't there an "abort" action that you can put a rule on? I mean, there are certain instances where things just don't line up properly on the system you're attempting to install on.

I know - I could have a message box that says "sorry, no go" and then have it exit --- but this specifically is for silent installers, so that is no good. If I could put an ABORT action with a rule in the Pre-Install phase, that would solve all my problems, but no such action exists. Anyone have any suggestions about an alternate way to do this?

I have also toyed with allowing the install to continue, but setting a return code to indicate failure. Not sure if this can be done either.

I've thought about setting INSTALL_SUCCESS to FATAL_ERROR, but the docs say that variable is read-only.

I'm just looking for more control here on the setup process itself.

Thanks in advance!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
aaa123
Level 3

zunkination wrote:
Why isn't there an "abort" action that you can put a rule on? I mean, there are certain instances where things just don't line up properly on the system you're attempting to install on.

I know - I could have a message box that says "sorry, no go" and then have it exit --- but this specifically is for silent installers, so that is no good. If I could put an ABORT action with a rule in the Pre-Install phase, that would solve all my problems, but no such action exists. Anyone have any suggestions about an alternate way to do this?

I have also toyed with allowing the install to continue, but setting a return code to indicate failure. Not sure if this can be done either.

I've thought about setting INSTALL_SUCCESS to FATAL_ERROR, but the docs say that variable is read-only.

I'm just looking for more control here on the setup process itself.

Thanks in advance!

Good question, maybe IA2030? I can't wait for Acresso to address this! IMHO, on this note, they should have let us extend the InstallAction, which would allow us to do a lot more useful things.
0 Kudos