cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rojanu
Level 4

4 Char locale Code

Hi,

In my IA project, I need 4 letter locale code for Korean as our applications uses ko-KR and IA uses ko only. Some futures, e.g. help, are dependent on locale code. Is there a way to change the locale code in IA or add a new locale for ko-KR.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

All the default installed locales are underneath the resource\i18resources
The Korean locale is indeed named custom_ko, but I see that there are locales like custom_fr_CA so you may want to copy the custom_ko to custom_ko_kr see if it appears in the list of locales. But if I were you I would check with the Flexera Software support, as they don't usually condone modifications on IA installations.
0 Kudos
rojanu
Level 4

Great support from Flexera, even to say if this is possible they want money.

If you ask me an application claiming to support i18n/l10n should support both language codes. Further to that point, like java, locale code (e.g. ko_KR, en_US) should be default if that's not found fallback should be country code (e.g. ko, en).
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm afraid any other software company out there works the same way: software license is one thing, and support / maintenance is another; Flexera Software is no exception: you can either buy only IA license, but usually you get an offer if you also take the maintenance, which offers you support access, as well as updates.
0 Kudos
rojanu
Level 4

At the end, I ended up writing a plugin to take care of the locale codes
0 Kudos