Lmadmin API's Additional Information
FNP Product document hints at APIs that are available for lmadmin.* "lmadmin provides a Web service interface that exposes certain APIs that can be called from a custom-built utility. These services enable you to extend the core license server capabilities. The WSDL file needed to generate the client proxy can be found in the <lmadmin_install_dir>\wsdl directory"
- The WSDL file provided in <lmadmin_install_dir>\wsdl has only two API's
int lmadmin__getAlerts(char* sessionid, char* filter, char** output);
int lmadmin__getSessionId(char* username, char* password, char** output);
- It basically uses SOAP communication to communicate with webservice.
- At present, it is used for Alerter service.
- Error messages are logged either in the console or in the emails.
- If 'Alert' notifications are under password protected sessions, we may need to pass password to authenticate and authorize these API. Otherwise it is just a read only service of alerts. It can also be configured for SMTP server.
- Please refer 'Creating an lmadmin Alerter Service' section in doc which explains the creation of Alerter service with examples.
The source code for 'runalerter' utility is in the <lmadmin_install_dir>\examples\alerter\src directory. It gives complete details about how these API's can be used.