cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varmadatla
Level 3

platform\pubkey.h

Hi,
I am trying FLEX Licensing module and want some help using your Java api.

In the documentation,"Evaluating FLEXnet Licensing for Java on Windows" chapter, it was mentioned to copy platform\lmpubkey.h to C:\Program Files\flmjava\v10.1\java folder. But, I couldn't find this lmpubkey.h file and instead I found lmprikey.h in the platform folder.

Could you guide me to find this file?

Thanks,
Varma
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

You generate lmpubkey.h with the lmnewgen utility from your C Licensing toolkit; please see the FLEXnet Licensing for Java Programming Guide help topic "Create the demoInfo Class File".
0 Kudos
varmadatla
Level 3

Thanks for the instant reply.
Yes, I am looking at the topic "Create the demoInfo Class File" and it needs this platform\lmpubkey.h file.
I did compiled and linked the sample C application as suggested in the "Chapter4 Building your FlexEnabled application" located in LicensingProgAndRefGuide.pdf. This did created lm_new.obj and other files but not lmpubkey.h file.
0 Kudos
dngo01
Level 4

In the platform directory, type

lmnewgen -pubkey
0 Kudos
dwatson1
Level 2

to generate the lmpubkey.h please execute "lmnewgen.exe -pubkey" from the \i86_n3 directory.

Thanks
Dave
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Quite right, I should have been more specific: in that section I mentioned, there's a note reading:
Note: If lmpubkey.h does not exist, you need to create it. In the platform directory, type lmnewgen –pubkey.
0 Kudos
varmadatla
Level 3

Thanks for the info guys. I'm able to build the java app now.
Tried to find that "Note" regarding the lmpubkey.h in java guide but did missed it badly.
0 Kudos
naryal
Level 3

I tried the same thing
lmnewgen –pubkey
now the problem is I get following error:
bash: /usr/flmjava/v11.4.100.0/ppc_re3/lmnewgen: cannot execute binary file
Did I do anything wrong?
0 Kudos