Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upiotrek
Level 2

ls_client_removal_on_reread is enabled

Jump to solution

Hello

In my logs I can see the below:

9:49:26 (flexsvr) =====================================================================================

9:49:26 (flexsvr) ==== Reread : Feature List and Client Validation Initiated ===

9:49:26 (flexsvr) =====================================================================================

9:49:26 (flexsvr) === ls_client_removal_on_reread is enabled ===

9:49:26 (flexsvr) Support removed for feature AC.CFGINSTR(00D6 DD81 B109 2E5A ) [FEATURE_REMOVED]

What might cause the removal of features?

Thanks

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@upiotrek , i believe we have resolved the concerns on this query through case 01978012  on Jan 28th. If it is not the same case, then kindly do let me know.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
raffie
Level 6

Presumably you are using 11.16.4.  ls_client_removal_on_reread is a new vendor daemon attribute that controls the behavior when a reread is done.  The release notes should have more detail.

An lmreread must have been done and the license data has changed.  All existing checkouts for the features that have changed have been invalidated and need to be rechecked out (usually the heartbeat can take care of this).

0 Kudos
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@upiotrek , i believe we have resolved the concerns on this query through case 01978012  on Jan 28th. If it is not the same case, then kindly do let me know.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos
Hello aparashar1,

I'm interested in this solution. We are facing an issue with this new feature of the daemon.

After the Reread, MAX configured in the option file is now working.

Is there any way to disable this flag?

0 Kudos

@nxf54812 , yes we can disable this flag (which is set to TRUE by default) under machind/lsvendor.c file.

Set, 'ls_client_removal_on_reread' to "0" and rebuild your vendor daemon application. 

Kindly be advised that post making this attribute as "0", you may observe few potential additional usages of license scenario, which is expected.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos