cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sidney
Level 2

lmadmin installer for end-user customers

The FlexNet Publisher 2019 R1 Development Environment Guide says on page 159

The simplest method of providing an lmadmin installer is to have end users download and run the appropriate lmadmin installer from the FlexNet Publisher website.

Where is the link to downloads of the lmadmin installers on the FlexNet Publisher website that my customers can use? According to your help at https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/plc/en/default-access.htm 

REQUESTING STANDARD DOWNLOAD ACCESS
If you are not the person at your organization who purchased your Flexera product, you will not automatically have download access to the Product and License Center. You can request download access by performing the following steps:

There is nothing there about downloads for end users.

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
cfischer
Revenera
Revenera

It is up to the software vendors to provide the license server managers (lmadmin and lmgrd) and related utilities (lmutil and lmtools) to their customers as you’ll have to provide them with your vendor daemon anyway.

0 Kudos

Your answer explains what we are supposed to do, but it does not explain the contradictory statement that I quoted from your manual that says that the simplest  method of providing it is to have the end users download it from the Flexera web site. If the manual is incorrect, then it should be corrected.

0 Kudos

Yes, it is a mistake in the documentation, I'll pass the information to our documentation team, sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos

@cfischer the statement mentioned above is still present in the current version of the docs (2021 R3) and is still confusing new users like me.

0 Kudos