cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DotnetSolutions
Level 5

flxActSvrActivationVendorDataSet

As I can see flxActSvrActivationVendorDataSet is used to set the publisher-defined attributes (configured in the FNO). Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm trying to set a vendor data (End User Organization) using the sample serveractutil, but my FNO says that value is not set for End User Organization?

Why does it say in the FLEXnet Operations manual that publisher-defined attributes cannot be specified at fulfillment time if the license model is trusted?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Right the -VendorDataSet functions from the Activation API enable custom key-value pairs to be sent in the request. (With the example appactutil and serveractutil that ship with the licensing toolkit, you can pass only one key-value pair through the -vendordata switch; but with a custom equivalent to app/serveractutil you can pass any number of pairs.)

With FNO 11.5, if the custom attribute key name is a licensing keyword (NOTICE, for example), the value of the NOTICE keyword in the response will be the custom value, assuming a license model with NOTICE as a fulfillment-time attribute.

For a key whose name isn't a licensing keyword, such as USER_ORG, you can define USER_ORG to be a custom license model attribute, and the expression {USER_ORG} in a licensing keyword (NOTICE="Thanks, {USER_ORG}") will be expanded at response time.

You can also define a Java class that extends VendorDictionaryResponse, which will add custom data to trusted storage on the requesting system.

That statement in the manual might just mean that the procedure is different for trusted license models: you (as the publisher/ISV) don't manually type in the fulfillment-time value when generating the response.
0 Kudos