cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frank4sam
Level 3

flexlm error -88,390

We do have flexlm licensing used for IBM Rational Software (ClearCase + ClearQuest + TestRealTime) recently we are evaluating ILOGIX rhapsody software. We are unable to get flexlm work for rhapsody on Windows XP, the error reported is Flexlm -88,390.

Flexlm Service: Windows XP
Software Installed: Rational IBM ClearCase, ClearQuest, TestRealTime & ILOGIX rhapsody

Error reported by flexlm : -88,390

Any resolution on the error is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Daniel_Vatier
Level 3

Referring to FLEXlm end user doc, the error -88 means "System clock has been set back". In other words, there are information on your system that refer to a future date. This generally happens when the computer clock as been changed back to the past e.g. to extend the life of an expired licence

I will be very surprised Macrovision staff will tell you how to fix this (except to re-install your operating system).

Hope this help.
0 Kudos
frank4sam
Level 3

Hi Daniel,

I do appreciate your prompt response as you have mentioned the ILOGIX rhapsody seller has suggested the reinstall of the operating system, the error seems to be consistent with another PC we tried to get flexlm working. My concern is since the system date is current, why does it not work? Since the license is being applied on developers PC it may not be easy task to reinstall the operating system, are there any other option to reslove the issue.

Thanks,
Sam
0 Kudos
dngo01
Level 4

It looks like your system clock could have been changed in the past. Maybe you could scan all accessible disks on you PC and delete/move those files created in future dates.

Hope this help.

Dai
0 Kudos
frank4sam
Level 3

Hi Dai,

Thank you for the response, we did reformat the PC and reinstalled the operating system from the network image. However the problem continued to exist, we use computer associates unicenter software to carry out the operating system install. I made sure to verify the current date when the operating system install was initiated, I just had to give up with not much support from ILOGIX Rhapsody team.

The saga continues trying to get flexlm to work on Windows Server 2003 as the license server host, ILOGIX Rhapsody application works fine on the server however fails when accessed using the client on the network. The error from flexlm is as follows:

A Development Edition license could not be obtained. Invalid(inconsistent license key)
The license-key and data for the feature do not match.
This usually happens when a license file has been altered
Feature: dev_ad
License path: 1700@water
Flexlm error -8,544

We did try all options to troubleshoot the issue but not much luck, can someone kindly provide a technical note or resolution on how to resolve the above flexlm error? Any advise/comments would be very much appreciated, looks like I am going in circles and our woes continues. :confused:

Thanks,
Sam
0 Kudos
dngo01
Level 4

Hi Sam,

Did you contact Macrovision technical support? Please log an incident to the support group if you haven't done so.

Normally this kind of issue is because the hostname was changed or something was changed in a feature line. Usually lmcrypt should fix it. Other thing to check is to make sure that case sensitive is not turned on somewhere.

Best Regards,

Dai Ngo
0 Kudos